Monday, January 8, 2007

Teenage Angst

I have a 15 year old daughter. Does great in school, very responsible and fairly mature for her age. I noticed that she didnt look quite right over the last few days so I asked her what was bothering her. She said that she feels she is drifting away from her close friends and it is bothering her. The primary reason is that her friends and boyfriend are competing for her time.

Of course, I took this as an opportunity to encourage her to be "less serious" with the boyfriend. After all, shes only 15!!!! This is the time for her to establish the bonds with her friends that will last a lifetime. Well, she took it to mean I disapprove of her boyfriend. I said no, I like the guy but I think that she is just too young to be serious with a guy at this time.

Well, she met with her friends and it looked like she worked our her issues with them. She still has her boyfriend. Grrrrrr!

No comments: